Monday 23 July 2012

Messy Mondays - Jelly

Today was overcast and grey, a great shame after the beautiful weather we got yesterday. I don't think I'll ever get used to the changeable weather here. In Norwich it's beautiful and sunny, yesterday, today and tomorrow!

So for our first adventure in messy play I thought we'd ease ourselves in with jelly, however I didn't read the instructions and put too much water in so it was a bit sloppy, not that Finn seemed to mind.



It took a couple of minutes for me to get him to engage in the jelly, I think it was a bit cold, but when he started squishing it in his hands he had a whale of a time throwing it, eating it and generally playing with it. His favourite things to do was slap my hands when I had a handful of the stuff.

In hindsight I should have ran him a bath first as I ended up running upstairs covered in jelly to sort him a bath out. He then spent another half an hour playing in there and had a lovely nap.

I posted one of these photos on facebook and a few other mums commented that I was brave for doing this with him. I don't see messy play as brave, just day/week activity to do with your child. What do you think?

I also mastered getting Finn in a back carry in the sling today, very proud of myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment